Mitani Chicken Salt
4 x 200 gram Rib Eye or Sirloin Steaks
Bunch flat leaf parsley
2 large cloves of garlic
100ml olive oil
Ground black pepper
- Ensure the steaks are room temperature. If the steaks are in the fridge then remove and allow to come up to room temperature for around an hour.
- Pick and finely chop both the parsley and thyme. Finely chop both the garlic and shallots.
- Zest and juice the lemon.
- Blend the parsley, thyme, garlic, shallots, olive oil, lemon zest and juice until emulsified. Season with Mitani Chicken Salt and ground black pepper. Set aside.
- Rub the steaks with olive oil. Season with Mitani Chicken Salt and ground black pepper.
- Heat the pan, stovetop grill or BBQ. Sear the steaks on one side then continue cooking on all sides. Cooking time will vary according to your liking.
- Once cooked, remove the steaks and allow to rest for 2 minutes on a plate to collect the cooking juices.
- Place the steaks on serving plates and coat the steaks liberally with the herb sauce.
Serve the steaks with crispy Mitani Chicken Salt chips and a simple green salad.