Mitani Chicken Salt
4 large, cleaned squid tubes
1 cup white flour
1 teaspoon baking powder
Ground black pepper
Small red chilli
1 litre of vegetable oil
- Wash the squid tubes and slice into rings. Set aside.
- Zest a lemon. Mix together the flour, baking powder, pepper, lemon zest and three or four good shakes of Mitani Chicken Salt into a bowl.
- Add squid into the bowl and toss gently to coat.
- Heat the oil in a large wok or thick bottomed saucepan over medium heat until it reaches frying temperature (To test, add a small cube of bread to the oil - it should turn light golden in 10 seconds).
- Remove half of the squid from the flour mixture and shake off any excess. Add to the oil and cook, turning with a slotted metal spoon until the squid just turns golden brown.
- Drain the cooked squid on a large plate lined with a paper towel. Repeat with the other half of the squid.
- Serve immediately with wedges of lemon and sliced, deseeded red chilli to garnish.
Serve with a green salad, sweet chilli dipping sauce and Mitani Chicken Salt chips.