Mitani’s Creamy potato bake
Oozing with cheese and cream with a crispy topping, this potato bake is great with a roast and will be loved by the whole family.
Mitani Chicken Salt
8 large potatoes
400g shredded cheese
500ml double cream
Ground black pepper
- Preheat oven to 200ºC/300ºF/gas 6.
- Wash, peel and slice the potatoes into 6mm.
- Put into the bottom of an oven dish and season with two or three shakes of Mitani Chicken Salt, ground pepper and shredded cheese.
- Repeat the process adding further layers.
- Pour cream over the top and generously cover the top layer of potatoes with additional shredded cheese and Mitani Chicken Salt.
- Cover the dish with baking foil and cook for 30 minutes.
- Remove foil and cook for a further 30 minutes or until the top is golden and crispy.
Serve with freshly chopped parsley and crusty bread. The Potato Bake is also a good accompaniment for roast lamb or beef.